top of page
2022 Indiana Voting Guide
ELECTION DAY IS NOVEMBER 8TH
Step 1: Register to Vote
Get registered to vote or check your voter registration to ensure it's up to date. Click the button below to go to Indiana's registration portal.
In order to vote, you must be ...
1. A U.S. citizen.
2. A resident of Indiana.
3. At least 18 years old on or before the election.
4. Not currently in prison.
5. Lived at least 30 days at your current residence.
6. Registered to vote.
Registration Deadline is October 11, 2022
Step 2: Develop a Voting Plan
Indiana offers multiple ways to vote so that you don't necessarily have to vote on election day. Voting absentee may work best for you.
1. Log in to the Voter Portal at www.indianavoters.in.gov
2. On the left side click "Absentee Voting" and then choose "Vote by Mail."
3. Verify your information and then complete the online form.
4. Submit your application and if approved, your election ballot will be mailed to you with further instructions.
1. Choose a date to vote early. Each county has different dates and locations. Follow the links below for your county.
2. Come to your early voting location with the proper identification.
Application Deadline: 10/27/2022 at 11:59 PM
Absentee Ballot Deadline: received by County Board of Elections no later than 6 PM, 11/8/2022
Step 3: Cast Your Ballot
Voting early and in-person is available from 10/12/2022 to 11/7/2022 at 12:00 PM
Casting your ballot either by absentee ballot or in-person on election day has certain requirements.
In order for your vote to be counted, your ballot must be delivered to your County Board of Elections by November 8, 2022, by 6 PM local time.
County election officials must have possession of the ballot by this deadline; postmarks – even if dated on or before the date of the election – cannot be considered on-time.
In order to vote early in-person, you must arrive at your early voting location during open hours.
A valid photo ID is required to vote early in-person. Click the button below to see examples of acceptable and unacceptable voter IDs.
Voting on Election Day: November 8th
Voting on Election Day is open from 6 AM to 6 PM local time. Use the Indiana Voter Portal by clicking "Find Your Polling Place" to be prepared on Election Day.
A valid photo ID is required to vote on Election Day. Click the button below to see examples of acceptable and unacceptable voter IDs.
bottom of page